Saint Mary's Pro-Cathedral, the church which serves as the Cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin. Saint Mary's was constituted in 1825 from Saint Mary's Chapel Liffey Street, whose pre-Reformation monastic antecedent was the great Benedictine, and later Cistercian Abbey of Saint Mary's founded in the twelfth century.
The present church is built on a site which was part of the ancient monastic foundation. The church was dedicated on 14th November 1825, the Feast of Saint Laurence O'Toole, Patron Saint of the Archdiocese of Dublin under the patronage of the ‘Conception of the Virgin.'
Though Catholic Dublin has not possessed a cathedral since the Reformation, for almost 200 years now St. Mary's Pro Cathedral has served as the 'mother-church' of the Dublin archdiocese.
Eucharistic worship and communal prayer or spend some time in silent prayer. The sacredness of this place, was made holy by the presence of the Lord and the prayer and devotion of generations of worshippers.